- Place doghook on desired mounting surface. Recommended mounting height is 40" to 44" above ground level. Mark hole locations with a pencil.
- With a 3/16 drill bit, drill a 1.75" deep hole for each fastener.
- Install nylon washer to fastener and install wood screws using a standard drill bit and 1/4" driver or drill.
For added strength coat the fasteners and the back of the dog hook with an adhesive caulk.
- Place doghook on desired mounting surface, recommended height is 40" to 44" above ground level. Mark hole locations with a pencil.
- Drill pilot hole at each hole location with a small wood or masonry bit, pilot hole should be at least 1" deep.
- Drill mounting holes with 1/2" masonry bit at pilot hole locations, drill these holes 1.5" deep.
- Install expanding masonry anchors into 1/2" a hole, the threaded end of the anchor goes in the hole first!!! The unthreaded end of the anchor should be flush with the mounting surface; you may need to tap them in a little with a hammer.
- Install nylon washers onto masonry bolts, while holding the doghook in place hand tighten the bolts into the masonry anchors.
- Using standard drill bit and 1/4" driver or drill, tighten bolts to 25 foot pounds or 4 to 6 full revolutions past hand tight.
For additional strength apply adhesive caulk to anchor holes and the back of dog hook.
Metal Fence/Frame Installation
- Place doghook on fence post at desired location, recommended height is 40" to 44" above ground level if possible. Mark hole location with pencil.
- Drill hole locations with a 3/16 standard drill bit. If you have not drilled metal before, go slow and use a little bit of oil on the end of the bit. Drill straight into the fence keeping the bit level, only drill through one side of the fence.
- Using oiled 1/4-20 tap and tap handle, slowly turn the tap into each of the holes. Once the tap has cut threads into the fence it will become easier to turn. Carefully back the tap out of the hole. Clean the oil from the surfaces with alcohol and apply adhesive caulk to the back of the doghook and tapped holes. Carefully tighten the 1/4-20 x 3/4"screws into each hole, depending on the wall thickness of the fence, tighten, to hand tighten.
Our special hardware kits have been thoughtfully designed for strength and ease of installation.
Wood fastener kit
Masonry fastener kit
Other custom hardware options such as those listed below can be ordered please email for more information.
Tap fastener kit